The Social Responsibility Department fosters its relationships with other faith-based investors through the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR). Through ICCR, the SR Department engages companies through shareholder action by initiating dialogues, submitting shareholder resolutions, and working with global organizations to provide companies with information and instructions on best practices. This work is always accomplished knowing that a sustainable corporation is a safer long-term investment, and therefore is very important to UCF’s clients.
Our engagements include discussions with corporations on the following issues —
- Cocoa farming practices in West Africa
- Credit card lending practices
- Water use for beverage production in water-stressed areas of the world
- Natural gas hydraulic fracturing
- Corporate political spending